Friday, January 10, 2014

First post of the new year!

Hello! Welcome to 2014!
I know it's been a while since I've posted, so I'll fill you all in on how Mr Idiot and I spent the last few weeks.
Doing this. 
I was hesitant to post this before we left in case the family and friends read this blog (hi mom!) but we went home for the holidays. Originally, we weren't going to be able to afford the plane tickets, but thanks to the in-laws we made it home, much to everyone's surprise. I think I've decided to just surprise people all the time, because everyone was so thrilled to see us. Many tears were shed and many squeals were...squealed. We had a really lovely time at home, and the Arizona weather was a nice change from the east coast misery that's been happening over the holiday. I didn't do any cooking at all while we were home, which was another nice change, but I'm ready to get back behind the oven, so to speak.
Mr Idiot and I have decided to do a joint New year's resolution and get fit together, which means going paleo, for at least a little while. So keep an eye out for all kinds of paleo recipes. I'm actually really excited to try out this new kind of cooking. It might be kind of a challenge to go without grains and with seriously reduced sugar, but I'm kind of amped to try out recipes that are delicious but follow the rules.
I doubt we'll be able to do a really strict paleo, because that shit is expensive, but we'll be doing our best. If you've got any cool recipes, tips or stories from your paleo diet, please please share. I'd love to hear them.

So, here's to the 2014, a new year, a new start and another chance to get this Idiot cooking.  
I've been doing a lot of reading about the paleo diet since we got started, and there are tons of great resources out there if you're interested in trying it or just want to learn more about it. Steve Kamb over at NerdFitness has an awesome post that covers the basics. This is what Mr. Idiot and I are basing our paleo off of. It's not incredibly strict, there's a little wiggle room, and he's got some great advice for people living on a budget (us) who want to eat cleaner. I'm super excited to get into these recipes, and to share the best ones with you. 
Stay tuned! Stay cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment