Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Paleo baking SUCCESS

I cannot tell you guys how pleased I am. I've been messing with paleo bread and paleo pancakes and they just have not been working out, but I have finally had success with paleo baking. 
Paleo banana bread. I made it this morning, I ate it for breakfast, I'll be eating it tomorrow, it's delicious and it WORKED! It didn't turn into a gooey mess or taste like bland flour. Huzzah!

So, here's the recipe. This lovely, lovely bread goes great with tea (That's what I had for breakfast, nom) or coffee or as a snack mid-afternoon. So lovely, so easy. 

Paleo banana bread

6 eggs 
1/3 cup coconut milk (I used almond hazelnut cashew milk I found on sale)
1/3 cup honey
1/2 tbsp apple butter
2 tsp vanilla extract 
1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas mashed

Add everything into a mixing bowl and combine. 
Whisk if you don't have a hand mixer, and hand mix if you do. (Thanks, again mum. My life is so easy now)
Pour into a non-stick pan (Pro-tip, spray pan with oil to ease removal) and put into a 350 degree oven for an hour. 

Check that your bread is done by sticking a toothpick into the center. If the pick comes back clean, you're good. If it's gooey, put it back in.

Once it's baked, go ahead and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment